Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A short update on multitouch

For the last couple of weeks I've been pretty much working full-time on getting multitouch/XI 2.2 ready for the merge (well, I was on holidays for a bit too). So first of all - sorry if I've been ignoring bugs or emails, I'm working to a few deadlines here. Anyway, here's a bit of a status update.

Right now, it looks like touch event delivery is working, including nested grabs.Chase Douglas started on the pointer emulation while I was away and we're now at the point where emulation works, except that pointer grabs on top of multitouch clients aren't handled yet. I'm still rather optimistic to get this into 1.12, though it's getting a bit unwieldly. Carlos Garnacho has already sent me some patches, so he's testing the lot against the GTK branches.

However, since touch support cannot simply be bolted on top and needs to be integrated properly, this has triggered some extra rewrites here and there. I'm currently some 200 commits ahead of master sync-point. I'm planning to get this number down to something sane before merging but meanwhile, sorry, I'll have to keep ignoring you until this is done.

No comments: